ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Easylife's free competition! Now ended.

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
Easylife

Easylife's free competition! Now ended.

Post by Easylife »

Several years ago I quite intensively detected a 5 acre horse paddock with two detectors to the point that it was really hard to find anything else there at all so have not been back since, though of course there will still be a few undetected missed bits about. It was really fun to detect and quite clean, producing the usual Victorian coins and copper scrap, a few George I & II coins and a single James I penny. Also several lead tokens, weights, some medieval bits and quite a few bits of lead. Oh, and a barrel tap key, etc, so you get the gist! The most unexpected find was a unique bronze token confirmed to be Roman by the British Museum.

Well, I've reliably been informed that about a 20m x 40m area has just been dug out in preparation for an all-weather arena so I thought that I may as well give it a check over as well as the spoil that was dug out of it just in case it yields anything else at all. I'm not really expecting much as think that the soil there is just about 10 to 16” deep before the solid clay layer which no targets can penetrate so will just lay flat on top of as previous deepest horseshoes and hammer-heads have. So perhaps it may just give up some smaller targets that were beyond the limit of detection before? Either way I'll just slowly grid that area and see what transpires? So that's 800 square metres with the top 6 or so inches ripped off I guess without actually seeing it yet! The pasture is currently quite soft due to the inclement weather so rather ideal conditions. I'll be giving it my best bash today and reporting back later, so please feel free to have a best guess as to the forthcoming finds if anything, just for fun of course? :D But there could even be a mystery prize for the closest guess? x; I'll post an update later. ::g
Last edited by Easylife on Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
White's TDI SL

This topic has 56 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Finds - Stories Forum”