Edward long cross

Please post any finds here that you wish help with identification.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT - BEFORE CREATING A ID REQUEST, Please Follow the H.A.M.M.Y Code Below....


H - Have at least two good sized clear photos, this is Mandatory
A - About your detecting day, type of land, depth found.
M - Measure items by doing the pics next to a scale or ruler. this is Mandatory
M - Machine used? settings? interesting to other users.
Y - You will always get a better ID if you supply more information.

*PLEASE NOTE: Use of a modern coin or written dimensions no longer qualify as a "scale". We need a properly-defined measure - metric or good old-fashioned inches will do.
Post Reply
User avatar
Jellytussle
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:12 pm
Location: East Midlands
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Edward long cross

Post by Jellytussle » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:25 pm

PUBLIC-1F8F45resize.jpg
Today's only decent find in a 6 hour session....but still a good day out! Found on wheat stubble with a Deus. I think it's Edward 1st and London mint, but would be grateful if someone could confirm the class for me please.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Looking for stuff that's been hidden or lost; finding stuff that's been thrown away....

User avatar
Allectus
Posts: 27520
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Essexshire ;-)
Has thanked: 1029 times
Been thanked: 5303 times

Re: Edward long cross

Post by Allectus » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:54 pm

Edward I 10ab1/9b London. ::g

A ;)
British by Birth - English by the Grace Of God.

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 6367
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 6976 times
Been thanked: 3542 times
Contact:

Re: Edward long cross

Post by Lowland » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:11 pm

Ruddy hell what a fright I got-yon Edward is one mean looking hombre ,
Great find jellytussle ::g
Shiny equinox600- taped up spade-dodgy elbow
.....................deeper bliss......................

User avatar
Buriedbytime&dust
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:03 pm
Location: Suffolk
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 346 times

Re: Edward long cross

Post by Buriedbytime&dust » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:24 pm

Lowland wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:11 pm
Ruddy hell what a fright I got-yon Edward is one mean looking hombre ,
Great find jellytussle ::g

That was a limited edition Halloween striking :D

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 6367
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 6976 times
Been thanked: 3542 times
Contact:

Re: Edward long cross

Post by Lowland » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:12 pm

Buriedbytime&dust wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:24 pm
Lowland wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:11 pm
Ruddy hell what a fright I got-yon Edward is one mean looking hombre ,
Great find jellytussle ::g

That was a limited edition Halloween striking :D
Not half!,it almost looks like they’ve been done with a punch
Look at the reverse side can you see two marks in the right place??
If that’s right enough that’s a fantastic find ::g
Shiny equinox600- taped up spade-dodgy elbow
.....................deeper bliss......................

User avatar
fred
Posts: 10199
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 2264 times
Been thanked: 5942 times

Re: Edward long cross

Post by fred » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:50 pm

Lowland wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:12 pm
Buriedbytime&dust wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:24 pm
Lowland wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:11 pm
Ruddy hell what a fright I got-yon Edward is one mean looking hombre ,
Great find jellytussle ::g

That was a limited edition Halloween striking :D
Not half!,it almost looks like they’ve been done with a punch
Look at the reverse side can you see two marks in the right place??
If that’s right enough that’s a fantastic find ::g

Probably done by a disgruntled Scot, he certainly wasn't very popular with them! :D
Equinox 800 x2

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 6367
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 6976 times
Been thanked: 3542 times
Contact:

Re: Edward long cross

Post by Lowland » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:29 pm

fred wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:50 pm
Lowland wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:12 pm
Buriedbytime&dust wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:24 pm



That was a limited edition Halloween striking :D
Not half!,it almost looks like they’ve been done with a punch
Look at the reverse side can you see two marks in the right place??
If that’s right enough that’s a fantastic find ::g

Probably done by a disgruntled Scot, he certainly wasn't very popular with them! :D
I bet it was Fred,mind there is a long list of suspects.
If it’s punched like it looks it is it’s quite a remarkable coin :-O
A real moment in time. ::g
Shiny equinox600- taped up spade-dodgy elbow
.....................deeper bliss......................

User avatar
Ladybird66
Posts: 2008
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:03 pm
Has thanked: 746 times
Been thanked: 1440 times

Re: Edward long cross

Post by Ladybird66 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:55 am

Puts a new perspective on the saying ‘I’ll punch his lights out’ :D

Interesting find. ::g

Ozadventure
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:56 pm
Location: Norwich
Has thanked: 136 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Edward long cross

Post by Ozadventure » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:15 am

Proof cyber men have visited us before 😂.

Lovely find.
Rick
CTX3030
Equinox 800

Partner Nicole
Equinox 600

Dog, cat, teenager at home, daughter @ uni and no money :(

Post Reply

Return to “Identification of Finds Forum”