Mark It On The Calendar

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
Ladybird66

Mark It On The Calendar

Post by Ladybird66 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:45 pm

I finally got out Detecting for a couple of hours this afternoon. More of a fact finding trip really to get the ‘feel’ of some new fields I’ve got permission to explore.
For a change the weather was beautiful, even warm. Nice to see some Sunshine.
I didn’t get the impression there was going to be dozens of hammies but time will tell. The Iron Slag was an interesting find. Hints at the age of activity. Only dug it because it gave an odd signal. Pleased to report that was the only piece I did dig.
Star find this afternoon was a rather nice Half Crown 1941. Been ages since I found the last one. They used to come up regularly.
Needless to say, they were found with the NOX 600, Field 1.

p.s. the only mud I saw was the gateways ::g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oxgirl36

Re: Mark It On The Calendar

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:21 pm

So glad you managed to get out. I thought about it today but decided to wimp out =))

It always takes a while to find your way round a new field but you’re digging silver the first time out you’ll be pulling all sorts out in the next few months. Always a good sign ::g
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 23 B-)

thefiggis

Post by thefiggis » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:30 pm

Sounds like a pleasant and not unproductive day out ::g

Well done on the 2/6- by the way. I found one within weeks of taking up detecting and haven't had a sniff of one since :(
Essential equipment:
Some sort of electrical gubbins(I'm told it's a Deus). In various colours
Jenkins
Gin.

Ladybird66

Post by Ladybird66 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:20 pm

thefiggis wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:30 pm
Sounds like a pleasant and not unproductive day out ::g

Well done on the 2/6- by the way. I found one within weeks of taking up detecting and haven't had a sniff of one since :(

Strange you should say that. I found my first one quite soon after I started detecting. I seemed to have a run on them and had several at one time. I gave one to a pensioner who looked after the ticket hut on the beach, and two to grand kids. I still have four.
Then I had a run on six pences. Seemed like I found one every other trip out. The Bullies are the nicest.
Re. The new fields. I had high hopes of an old track, which I headed for first. 2 passes and nothing. Maybe it was a bit further over way back when, who knows.
I suspect I’ll find more modern stuff in the field that boarders the lane. Something to look forward to ::g

Return to “Finds - Stories Forum”