Storm Brendon brings the beach to life!

Please only post topics related to beach or water metal detecting here.
Roger

Storm Brendon brings the beach to life!

Post by Roger »

After the lovely south westers the last couple of days, the beach was calling. Now this beach is done to death an lately has been hard work to find much. Did 4 hours this afternoon an the equinox was picking targets out of the wet sand that was empty last week, had a small as always! 9ct gold ring a big silver man's ring an a cheap looking 925 stamped ring, over six quid in coins. If you haven't got out yet to your beach be quick before someone else does!

fred

Re: Storm Brendon brings the beach to life!

Post by fred »

On another done to death beach I got a small 9ct, a chunky silver and about £11 in spending money. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

stupot

Post by stupot »

A lot of west coast beaches are active this week. Some not in the right way though. Great piles of sand moved in on some. A lot of travelling required!

fred

Post by fred »

30 quid off local beaches this morning, £20 off of one and £10 off of another although most were undetectable. I find that the washing out process after storms is often better than during the storms themselves. :D
Equinox 800 x2

Roger

Post by Roger »

That's a nice haul for a morning Fred ::g

goldvw

Post by goldvw »

bad luck for me i live on the north east coast so never got the storm it has to be north easterly
for me to benefit still we got it couple years ago with the storm surge my record was 120 coins in one day i was so frustrated at being stuck in one 10 foot area all day took me while to figure it out
i was detecting the donkey ride area from 60/70 years age and made big mistake off posting it on my local detector club boy thy harmed that beach next day :((

fred

Post by fred »

goldvw wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:00 pm
bad luck for me i live on the north east coast so never got the storm it has to be north easterly
for me to benefit still we got it couple years ago with the storm surge my record was 120 coins in one day i was so frustrated at being stuck in one 10 foot area all day took me while to figure it out
i was detecting the donkey ride area from 60/70 years age and made big mistake off posting it on my local detector club boy thy harmed that beach next day :((

My record for a day is 300 coins for nearly a hundred quid. I've actually done that, or thereabouts, several times but never yet with a Nox. :D
Equinox 800 x2

goldvw

Post by goldvw »

fred wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:22 pm
goldvw wrote:

My record for a day is 300 coins for nearly a hundred quid. I've actually done that, or thereabouts, several times but never yet with a Nox. :D
was it all penny's

fred

Post by fred »

goldvw wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:32 pm
fred wrote:
goldvw wrote:

was it all penny's

That would make 3 quid new money or one pound 5 shillings old! :D
Equinox 800 x2

goldvw

Post by goldvw »

fred wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:34 pm
goldvw wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:32 pm
fred wrote:

was it all penny's

That would make 3 quid new money or one pound 5 shillings old! :D
ii find it hard going on my beach when you got pouch full copper still id be happy with £3 all day in my pouch

Return to “Beach - Rivers - Water”