ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Day 2 Lockdown Find - Moderators not required!

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
fred

Day 2 Lockdown Find - Moderators not required!

Post by fred »

Well it's day 2 in the big brother household: the blood from Day 1 has mostly been mopped up and the bones reset. The surviving contestants are looking forward to at least another 20 days of close contact martial arts, mostly not on the telly. :D

Yesterdays ongoing scrap clearance in the shed produced a little surprise. Just as I was about to throw yet another junk white metal ring onto the heap something inside it caught my eye.
Junkrings.JPG
A quick clean and a small and crappy laser etched mark became visible. I knew that it wasn't gold because the signal must have been in the steel range for it to get consigned to the junk pouch, and the mark wasn't the Platinum one. A bit of digging around on the Internet produced a dead ringer (sorry) which was identified as a post 2010 Palladium ring hallmarked in Sheffield. Apparently modern Palladium fineness marks are in 3 circles whilst similar purity Platinum ones are in a trapeze.

Palring.JPG
Anyway it is about £130 as scrap at current prices (or three toilet rolls and half a dozen eggs :D ).

Palringwt.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Well worn Equinox 800 x2
Nice (temporarily) shiny new one x1

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Finds - Stories Forum”