Council Permission

Please post all topics here related to the research and gaining finding permission to metal detect.
Wuntbedruv

Re: Council Permission

Post by Wuntbedruv » Fri May 03, 2019 12:49 pm

nubsey wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:01 pm

So can you organise a rally and sayn it is a archaeological dig
That argument is less watertight than a colander.

God gives all men all earth to love, but since man’s heart is small,
Ordains for each one spot shall prove beloved over all.
Each to his choice, and I rejoice, the lot has fallen to me
In a fair ground—in a fair ground—Yea, Sussex by the sea!

GeorgeMK

Post by GeorgeMK » Fri May 03, 2019 4:25 pm

nubsey wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:01 pm

So can you organise a rally and sayn it is a archaeological dig
it would be sod’s law that you would fine a hoard and then the following would come into play,

“With regards to the payment of rewards the Treasure Act says states that:
..rewards will not be payable when the find is made by an archaeologist or anyone engaged on an archaeological excavation or investigation.
This then applies to all archaeologists and volunteers working on any project.”

https://finds.org.uk/treasure/advice/forarchaeologists

alloverover

Post by alloverover » Fri May 03, 2019 7:34 pm

If you got permission from my local council yesterday then you may as well rip it up today because that council has been blown, not only out of the water but off the planet ::g

Paul Jack

Post by Paul Jack » Fri May 03, 2019 8:21 pm

We seem to be very lucky in Swansea. The council allow us to detect most of the parks in Swansea between 1st October and the end of March. This has been going on for some considerable time.

nubsey

Post by nubsey » Sun May 05, 2019 12:36 am

I think this is a great posting, but although I am new to the hobby/recreation, there seems to be a reluctance for some folks to say where. Typical response, I asked my council and they said yes when I showed them I had insurance. It seems as if they are intent on guarding the infomation, incase someone else gets a licence as well. If you are in Upper snodgrass council, it matters nothing to most of us on here. But if you can get a meeting with the council on the matter it would be great to say that Upper Snodgrass will allow it, so why don't you.

Nubsey. Spelthorne council, but might have ago at Runnymede next door soon.
So please let us know what Council.
I am starting a list, just in case my mob say no. Then the fun starts.
Nox 800
Tesoro silver sabre U max

TheNCMD

Re: Council Permission - Glasgow

Post by TheNCMD » Sun May 05, 2019 2:51 pm

Magnas wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:42 am
Hi all, I saw the thread and wondered what the situation would be in Glasgow's parks. On the city council's website I found this.

9. Events and Other Activities
9.2 The use of metal detectors is allowed, but only when the user is a member of the National Council for Metal Detecting, and is in possession of a permit issued by the National Council for Metal Detecting for detecting in Glasgow’s parks.

My NCMD member's card is on its way but I have no idea about the permit they mention.
Your best bet to get an answer on this one would be to contact the Scottish NCMD who arranged access to the parks in the first place.
Last edited by TheNCMD on Sun May 05, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magnas

Re: Council Permission - Glasgow

Post by Magnas » Sun May 05, 2019 3:03 pm

Your bets bet to get an answer on this one would be to contact the Scottish NCMD who arranged access to the parks in the first place.
[/quote]

Will do, thanks.

BigglesVII

Post by BigglesVII » Thu May 09, 2019 8:20 pm

Recieved a firm No from Mid Sussex Council to all parks, woodlands and open spaces.

nubsey

Post by nubsey » Thu May 16, 2019 10:46 am

Went down to the club last Tuesday, and mentioned about emailing Spelthorne council, about detecting land. It appears that we have been granted two small bits to detect on. Just phoned up the guy and he has confirmed it. So this is great news. They do not allow it in thier parks etc, but this is a small pathway plus about 50 ft to the side, that is right on top of where I live. So another council that tries to help out where they can, at not a blanket ban.
Whoopeee
Nox 800
Tesoro silver sabre U max

RichardJ

Post by RichardJ » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:00 am

Good morning , I have just contacted my local council , Newark and sherwood , they replied within minutes asking me to contact Nottinghamshire county council

peteh

Post by peteh » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:05 pm

Keep us up to date with this Richard ::g
T2 classic, GP Pointer and a bucket full of optimism :D

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:17 pm

nubsey wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:46 am
They do not allow it in thier parks etc, but this is a small pathway plus about 50 ft to the side, that is right on top of where I live. So another council that tries to help out where they can, at not a blanket ban.
Sorry, but I think that's rather pathetic thinking how much land Councils typically own....Its probably the bare minimum small area the Council can authorise so that they can say "they allow detecting"...

This is not a crack at yourself BTW and I understand something is better than nothing, but peeves it me to see Detectorists treated as second class citizens rather than any other recreational land user...
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:37 pm

Pete E wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:17 pm
nubsey wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:46 am
They do not allow it in thier parks etc, but this is a small pathway plus about 50 ft to the side, that is right on top of where I live. So another council that tries to help out where they can, at not a blanket ban.
Sorry, but I think that's rather pathetic thinking how much land Councils typically own....Its probably the bare minimum small area the Council can authorise so that they can say "they allow detecting"...

This is not a crack at yourself BTW and I understand something is better than nothing, but peeves it me to see Detectorists treated as second class citizens rather than any other recreational land user...
The problem often is that a few spoil it for the rest if us. Just as lots of councils ban dogs in parks because a few owners don’t pick up dog waste, all it takes is one detectorist not filling in their holes properly and everyone gets stopped.

Councils banning detecting on beaches I’ve never got though. Saying no during the day in the summer is fair enough but blanket bans I don’t understand x;
XP Deus !!£$

Hammered silver 2019 - 10 :D

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:59 pm

Oxgirl36 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:37 pm
The problem often is that a few spoil it for the rest if us. Just as lots of councils ban dogs in parks because a few owners don’t pick up dog waste, all it takes is one detectorist not filling in their holes properly and everyone gets stopped.
Sadly there is an element of truth in that, but many Councils have other land not just parks..many have farms, undeveloped brown/green sites ect..
Oxgirl36 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:37 pm
Councils banning detecting on beaches I’ve never got though. Saying no during the day in the summer is fair enough but blanket bans I don’t understand x;
Yeah, kids can dig holes big enough to bury a VW, fishermen (myself included) can dig for bait, but detectorists are banned???? Makes no sense other than sour grapes...
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Return to “Permissions Forum”