WS 5 headphones coil cover problems

Only for the discussion of the Deus Metal Detector.
vintanto

WS 5 headphones coil cover problems

Post by vintanto » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:56 pm

I GOT MY DEUS FULL WITH WS5 HEADPHONES A WEEK AGO USED THEM ONCE AND HEARD A RATTLE IN THEM I PHONED THE RETAILER WERE I GOT THEM THEY SAID THAT THE SPEAKER HAD CAME LOOSE RIGHT AWAY THEY TOLD ME TO SEND THEM BACK FOR A REPLACEMENT SET HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS BEFORE IS IT A COMMON FAULT IS THE WS4 A BETTER SET OF HEADPHONES,AND THE COIL COVER SEEMS TO ME NOT TO BE A SNUG FIT LIKE OTHER MACHINES I HAVE HAD [MINELAB CSCOPE GARRET] IT SEEMS TO BE SOFTER IT DOS,NT SNAP ON AND IF YOU LOOK AT ON IT IS NOT UIFORM IT RISES AND DROPS IN PLACES
MANY THANKS

Digiffys

Re: WS 5 headphones coil cover problems

Post by Digiffys » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi mate,ive had this too if its the same fault as mine it will be from a little blue chip whats fell of inside the housing,theres two I think and even though they still worked (brand new) they where replaced for a new pair straight away (regtons) ::g
History the best story yet!
Xp Deus
Teknetics G2+

broadsmaster

Post by broadsmaster » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:35 pm

i Had the same as digiffys ,a little piece fell off the circuit board and rattled around but they still worked fine so i didnt bother to send them back .
Full Xp Deus with 9" coil and ws5s Headphones.
fisher goldbug and Rutus Alter 71

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:47 pm

My WS5 s are fine but only a few months old. I don't find them that comfortable though. Wish I'd got WS4s now and invested the other £50 in one of the full cup aftermarket headphones that the WS4 unit clips onto. And be able to wear a hat x;
XP Deus
Not everything is as young as it looks ;)

Return to “XP DEUS Forum”