Mx sport

Topics related to Whites metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Whites Videos
BazButtons

Mx sport

Post by BazButtons » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:45 pm

Any one using one, ive just acquired one and feel it could have good potential, i just need a few tips from experienced users.
i.e. settings for different hunting scenarios,stubble,pasture,or rolled,,any tips appreciated.

tinsmith

Re: Mx sport

Post by tinsmith » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:45 pm

How you doing with it Baz , heard there not a bad beach machine , not really heard much about people using them inland
just wonderd if it was worth stepping up from my m6

BazButtons

Post by BazButtons » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:24 pm

It didn't suit me tinsmith, ergonomics mostly, but I couldn't get it stable ,very frustrating. If I was going to have another whites machine it would be the mxt

tinsmith

Post by tinsmith » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:37 am

Cheers, think ill look about , fancy a change ::g

salford44

Post by salford44 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:56 pm

Ibought a 2nd hand Whites M6 just before Xmas and have been very impressed with it,very simple to set up and doesnt miss much,doesnt seem to get much mention in UK but it does really well on our sites.
FISHER 1236x2,FISHER 1270.

Tisserand

Post by Tisserand » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:19 am

I tested one for two days primarily in salt water surf. I returned it to the dealer telling them that it failed. I liked the way you can move about in the menu settings and the weight/ usage was fine. It really was a nice machine (for a single frequency) and seemed well suited for the saltwater beach but really disappointing in the salt water surf (I do 90 percent of my searching in saltwater).

Nicki

Post by Nicki » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:42 am

Hi folks, new to the site so firstly a big hello from me 👍
Had my mx sport for about twelve months now and must say I’m very happy with it. Used it on maybe 8/9 occasions and claimed it’s first hammered yesterday, a nice Lizzy 3pence from stubble.
One thing Iv noticed though and is niggling me is the creaking joint in the upper shaft with each swing on occasions ( thought it was my knee at first🤪)
Just wondering if any one else has experienced the problem and if there’s an easy fix? I’m thinking of putting a bit of tape at the joint before reconnecting, may just ‘damp down’ the squeak! Any advice would be greatfully received.

stillair1

Post by stillair1 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:46 pm

I had a creaking joint on my dfx. A bit of electrical insulting tape has worked ok, quicker than a post to Scotland, or a new half shaft. At some point though it will go back to Whites as their service dept is second to none. ::g
Whites IDX, DFX
Garrett 400i
Nox 600
XPointer

ninja nige

Post by ninja nige » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:21 pm

hi,
i have used the mx sport and it was my main machine until i got a multi kruzer.
the sport is every bit as good detecting wise, it is a very good machine when set up
my joint creaked, put a bit of grease on it and did it up tight. job done
i would never have stopped using it and bought the kruzer but for the wireless phones, weight, and battery advantage on the kruzer,
the sport worked well with detech 13 inch coil, relic mode. its my back up now but still love it
Nige
WHITES MXT, MXT-PRO,mxt sport..MAKRO MULTI KRUZER.. 750 formula racing car, arsenal season ticket. `11 cats

Return to “Whites Forum”